Veg Pesto Rice and Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (400g) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked Basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the diced carrots, celery, and zucchini to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes with their juices and stir to combine.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the cannellini beans and cooked rice to the pot. Stir well to incorporate.
- Stir in the pesto sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue simmering the soup for another 5-10 minutes to heat through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the Veg Pesto Rice and Bean Soup hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Enjoy the flavorful combination of pesto, vegetables, rice, and beans in every spoonful.