Barnyard Millet Flour Cookies
- 1 cup barnyard millet flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk (as needed)
- Optional add-ins: chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruits, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt to the butter-sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Gradually add the barnyard millet flour to the mixture. Mix until the flour is well incorporated and a soft dough forms.
- If the dough seems dry, add milk, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough comes together. Be careful not to add too much milk; the dough should be firm but pliable.
- If desired, add in optional add-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits. Fold them into the dough.
- Take small portions of the dough and roll them into small balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Gently press down on each cookie ball with a fork to create a crisscross pattern.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until they turn golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, the Barnyard Millet Flour Cookies are ready to be enjoyed. Store them in an airtight container to maintain their freshness.